Help Support the Scout Island Nature Centre
Do you know that donations from our members and the public fund a significant proportion of our work? We’ve made it easier to support Scout Island Nature Centre.
Send us a donation by e-transfer!
- Log in to your personal online banking, and send an Interac e-transfer to SINCdonations@shaw.ca.
- If you would like to receive a Charitable Donation Receipt for your donation, send the following information to SINCdonations@shaw.ca by email:
- Your full name including first name, middle initial, and last name.
- Your full mailing address including postal code.
Your donation receipt will be mailed to you via Canada Post in approximately 4-6 weeks.”
If you would like this to be a gift, we will send a special Scout Island card to the recipient
Just e-mail with your instructions.
Remember to spend some time in Nature, the greatest gift of all.
If you have questions,
Call 398 8532
The elected executive of the WLFN is the volunteer administrative body for the operation of Scout Island Nature Centre.
Funding is used to:
- employ staff, including the coordinator, educators, teacher naturalists, preschool teachers, bookkeeper and janitor
- carry out repairs or improvements to the Nature House and Nature Centre area and
- purchase educational services and supplies.
Funds have come from public fund-raising appeals, annual Nature Centre banquets, fee-for-service from the City of Williams Lake, grants from provincial and federal agencies, grants from foundations, donations from local businesses, and a donation box at the Nature House.
2019 Scout Island Nature Centre Partners
2019 Scout Island Nature Centre Supporters
And the many other individual community members and businesses who donated their time, funding, and ideas. Scout Island Nature Centre could not continue to offer the natural history programs, the tonic of wilderness to our community or the protected space for wildlife in our urban setting without their support.
You Can Help!
Donate Funds or Materials (charitable receipts will be issued for each donation). Donation form.
Donate Time – Volunteering is Rewarding. There is a range of volunteer opportunities including:
restoration with native plants,
removal of invasive plants,
research, development of booklets and displays (art work always needed),
helping with (or leading) children and family programs and being an interpreter at the nature house.
For most volunteer positions, an interest in natural history and a love of the outdoors is all that is required, but we are also happy to train you if you want to be more of an expert.
Scout Island Nature Centre / Williams Lake Field Naturalists is a registered charitable organization that needs your involvement to continue to offer a nature sanctuary for all to enjoy and learn from.
SCOUT ISLAND NATURE CENTRE
1305 A Borland Road
Williams Lake BC
250 398 8532
For more information about this season’s programs or to book a program call or e-mail