Visit the Blog for up to date information about programs
Scout Island Nature Centre is located in the heart of the city of Williams Lake, in the Cariboo Chilcotin region of British Columbia, Canada. The Nature Centre features marsh, island, and lake environments and is a premier location for nature appreciation and education. On the migration path of hundreds of species of birds, it is a bird-watcher’s paradise in the spring and fall.
At Scout Island Nature Centre you can:
- Enjoy wildlife viewing along the 2.5 km of trails following the marsh edge and lake
- Catch glimpses of fox, beaver, turtle or a deer while they nibble on the diversity of flora of forest and grassland
- Help feed the fish, amphibians and reptiles in the Nature House
- Ask a question of the natural history interpreters
- Take in a scheduled nature program (year-round school and community programs for all ages)
Note: Some trails and the Nature House are wheelchair accessible. Dogs are welcome but must be on leash.
- Illustrated story of the 2012 and 2015 Student Salmon trips Salmon Trip 2015 for web 2012 Salmon Trip photo journal
- Annual 2019 report
Visit our Blog and stay up to date.
Scout Island Nature Centre works hard at shrinking its Ecological Footprint so that we are in balance with the web of life. You can help us by packing No Garbage Lunches and Snacks when you visit.